Thursday, April 1

Finally Home!!!

Papa & Mama say we are finally at the place we can call home. After the long journey my family and I are ready to start building our final home in the wide praire of Dallas County, Texas. My three sisters Ella, Frances, and Lucinda and I love all the beautiful wild flowers and tall prairie grasses.  My brothers Richard, Joseph, Sidney, Morrison, and Andrew love the wild animals that roam the grass and nearby cliffs.  The coyotes howl at night and the prairie dogs play hide and seek with us.


Arriving in the Blackland Prairie Grasslands, greeted by the Coyotes and Praire Dogs

It is 1859 and my name is Laurra E. Penn.  My parents are John Wesley Penn and Lucinda Moore Penn, and we are farmers.  This is my record of how we came to change the beautiful, wild Texas Blackland prairies forever.  Sometimes change isn't always for the best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment